Chinese dumplings - a favorite and popular dish of oriental cuisine, not very laborious to prepare. The filling for this dish is mushrooms, meat, vegetables, even fruits. Seafood, lard, bamboo shoots are added to it.
The caloric content of products depends on the manufacturing option and varies from 170 to 260 kcal per 100g. Consider cooking Chinese dumplings in several interpretations step by step and with colorful photos.
Wontons - what is it?
Wontons are close Asian relatives of our dumplings, the Chinese love this dish very much, even set a world record by blinding the largest bag weighing 2.5 tons. On New Year's holidays, such treats become a table decoration, and the person who ate them stocks up with luck and happiness for the whole coming year. The boundless love for this recipe is due to the variety of fillings and cooking methods.
Difficulty cooking time
In many cities of China, ready-made dough for Chinese dumplings is sold. But to cook it yourself is much nicer and more useful. To knead the dough, the simplest products available for any housewife are used, and the dough takes no more than 20 minutes to prepare.
Cooking time depends on the choice of filling. On average, it takes an hour, a maximum of one and a half hours for the entire process.
Wontons are not difficult to cook, even inexperienced housewives will cope with them. Kneading the dough with water and flour will not be difficult. The methods for preparing any of the fillings are also the easiest, for beginners it is enough to follow the procedure and tips described in the recipes.
Step-by-step preparation of dough for wontons
The dough is prepared in a choux way, which gives it additional elasticity and tenderness. It is also easier to roll to maximum fineness.
For the test you will need:
- wheat flour - 2.5 cups,
- cool boiling water - 1 - 1.5 cups,
- sunflower oil - 3 tbsp. l
- sugar - a pinch
- salt to taste.
- Sift the wheat flour several times, this will add splendor to the dough and filter out unnecessary grains.
- Add vegetable oil, which will make it easy to sculpt products and prevent the dough from sticking to your hands. Put salt, sugar.
- Steep boiling water is gradually poured into the flour, kneading a plastic dough.
- We put the finished dough in any dish, cover with a cloth and set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
Chinese dumplings are famous for the variety and juiciness of the fillings. They use meat, poultry, fish, seafood, vegetables, sauces, spices and even fruits. As the practice of Chinese cooking shows, dumplings can be tasty not only with meat.
Wontons are often cooked with pork, chicken, seafood, fish, mushrooms, vegetables. Although there are options for sweet wontons, for example, with bananas, nuts or berries.
Consider cooking meat, vegetarian and sweet wontons. Everyone will find something to their liking.
Wontons with minced meat
- minced pork - 300 gr,
- white cabbage - ½ head,
- carrots - 1 pc.
- onions - 1 pc.,
- grated ginger - 1 tbsp. l
- garlic - 1 clove,
- soy sauce - 1 tbsp. l
- sesame oil - 1 tbsp. l
- We shred cabbage lightly, stew on medium heat. Peel the carrots and onions. We mix the prepared vegetables with minced meat, add ginger, chopped garlic, butter and sauce. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- From the prepared test we make an extended tourniquet. Cut off small pieces from it, roll them out. In the middle of the workpiece, put the prepared filling, pinch the edges. Any form can be made, more often they make a round or an envelope.
- Boil wontons with minced meat in salted water or steam for 15 minutes.
Wonton with prawns and pork
- pork pulp - 0.5 kg,
- shrimp - 350 gr
- fresh ginger root to taste
- soy sauce - 50 ml,
- salt, pepper - to taste,
- sesame oil - 2 tbsp. l
- sugar - 1.5 tbsp. l
- green onions.
- Finely chop the pork pulp. If there is no time and desire, scroll through a meat grinder. Boil shrimp, clean, finely chop. Leave a few shrimps intact and set them aside for future use. In the minced meat we put the above spices, chopped green onions, grated ginger, soy sauce, oil, boiled shrimp. We mix everything. If the minced meat seems a little dry, you can add a little water or broth.
- Roll out the prepared dough into a sausage, from which we cut small pieces and roll them into circles. Put a filling on each circle. We pinch the edges, leaving a small hole at the top, into which we put a whole shrimp.
- It is better to steam for 15 to 20 minutes, so their integrity and juiciness will be preserved. If there is no double boiler, boil in water, but then it is better to pinch the edges of the products so that juice does not leak during processing.
Wontons with chicken
- chicken fillet - 0.5 kg,
- fresh ginger to taste
- soy sauce - 1 tbsp. l
- sesame oil - 1 tbsp. l
- green onions and parsley to taste,
- Grind the chicken fillet with a knife, as small as possible. We rub the root of ginger. Finely chop the greens. We mix all prepared products, add salt, oil, sauce. We give the filling a few minutes to insist.
- Roll out the prepared dough into a long bundle. We cut small pieces, roll them into squares or circles. In the middle of the product we put the filling, pinch the edges. We give any form.
- We cook for about 10 minutes approximately. If desired, they can be cooked or fried.
Wonton with mushrooms
- fresh champignons - 200 gr,
- Chinese cabbage - 200 gr
- celery - 50 gr,
- hot pepper - 1 pc.,
- grated fresh ginger to taste,
- soy sauce - 1 tbsp. l
- onions - 1 small head,
- salt to taste.
- Very finely chop cabbage, celery, and even better chopped in a blender. Sliced mushrooms and pepper in oil. We combine all products, add spices, herbs, ginger, sauce.
- From the dough we make a long tourniquet, which we cut into small pieces. Each piece is thinly rolled. In the center of the product we spread the mushroom filling and sculpt the wontons of the desired shape.
- For a couple, the dish will turn out to be more healthy and juicy.
- This recipe goes well with a sauce that is easy to prepare. It is enough to combine sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, grated ginger, hot ground pepper. Spicy sauce is ready to eat.
Wonton with vegetables and tofu
- tofu - 200 gr
- Chinese cabbage - 1 - 2 leaves,
- fresh ginger - 1 tsp,
- carrots - 1 pc.,
- egg - 1 pc.,
- sugar - 1 tsp,
- oil - for frying,
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Dry the tofu from excess liquid and finely chop. Chinese cabbage and carrots are cut into thin strips. Beat soy sauce with egg and sugar, add tofu, vegetables, spices to the mixture, mix.
- From the dough we make thin circles on which we spread the filling. Moisten the edges slightly with water and pinch. Fry items with vegetables and tofu until golden brown. Serve to the table with soy sauce.
Wontons with bananas
- bananas - 2 - 3 pcs.,
- steamed seedless raisins - 1/3 cup,
- grated coconut flesh - 1/3 cup,
- ground cinnamon - 0.5 tsp.
- Knead the flesh of bananas with a fork to a porridge-like consistency, add grated or finely chopped coconut flesh, steamed raisins. To emphasize the taste, add a little aromatic ground cinnamon.
- Cut out the squares from the prepared test, put a small amount of sweet filling on the center of each. The edges of the product are slightly moistened with water, pinched. It is more convenient to make sweet wontons in the form of an envelope.
- We heat vegetable oil in a pan, fry wontons. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Wontons with cherries and cashews
- dried cherry - 100 g,
- cashew nuts - 50 gr,
- ground cinnamon and sugar to taste.
- Combine dried cherries with chopped cashew nuts, cinnamon, sugar.
- From the test we form squares. We spread the sweet filler on them, pinch the edges tightly, give the shape of the envelopes.
- Fry in oil. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon before serving.
The inhabitants of the Middle Kingdom prepare wontons in a variety of ways: steamed, boiled in water and even fried.
You can fry wontons with any filling you like. They are usually fried in large quantities of oil until golden brown. Then spread on a paper towel to get rid of excess fat. Fried foods are often served with sauces.
Benefits frying in the fact that the shape of the products remains beautiful even after heat treatment, all the filling juice is stored inside.
disadvantages - in a lot of unnecessary calories and the dangers of fried vegetable oil.
Boiled wontons with spicy dip sauce (recipe with photo) | Chinese cuisine| Chinese cuisine
Guoqiao Chaoshou, or Boiled wontons with spicy dip sauce, is one of the popular Xiaochi snacks in Chongqing. Chongqing is a city of central subordination (and there are four in China - Beijing, Chongqing, Shanghai and Tianjin), in the Russian system of administrative division this status is comparable to a city of federal significance, of which there are three in Russia (Moscow, St. Petersburg and Sevastopol). Previously, Chongqing was part of Sichuan, and although now it is an independent administrative unit, addiction to spicy foods has not disappeared!
Syaochi (literally "little food") is a whole trend in Chinese cuisine. A kind of snack offered by street vendors to passers-by. At the same time, syaochi snacks are certainly in demand. Each locality has its own favorites, for example, in Beijing, this is the Donkey Tumbling dessert and a number of other snacks, not necessarily desserts. One of the syaochi in Shanghai is Nansyant Mantou (steamed dumplings). Some types of syaochi become restaurant fast foods from street fast food, like Shanghai steamed dumplings. In Taiwan, one of the most popular types of syaochi is Nuzhou Mian beef noodles. As you can see from the above examples, the dishes are all different, but still they are attributed to syaochi. Syaochi can be dumplings, and kebabs, and cakes.
well and boiled wontons with spicy dip sauce Guoqiao Chaoshou, so beloved in Chongqing, of course, cannot but be sharp. More precisely, they themselves are not spicy, but the dip sauce, which is served to them and dipped in when they eat them, has a “fiery” aftertaste, which is best “quenched” with cold beer. By the way, this dish has, so to speak, a twin brother, originally from Sichuan - Hong Yu Shui Jiao, or Wontona in spicy sauce. The only difference is that Guoqiao Chaoshou is dipped in hot sauce, while Hong Yu Shui Jiao is seasoned with a hot sauce in a plate. Just like in the modern animated film "Ivan Tsarevich and the Gray Wolf" - "... you are salted with cabbage, but with us they are letting salt."
So lovers Chinese dumplings they can try to cook the famous Chongqing Xiaochi Guoqiao Chaoshou at home, from which you can easily make Sichuan Hong Yu Shui Jiao.
INGREDIENTS for filling wontons (about 30 pieces of wontons):
fresh custard dough - 300 g (or 30 pcs. ready-made wrappers for ravioli),
minced pork - 300 g (30% fat, 70% lean meat),
egg - 1 pc.,
ginger - a piece of 5 cm long,
green onions - 2-3 arrows,
Shaoxing wine - 1 tbsp.,
oyster sauce - 1 tablespoon,
sesame oil - 1 tsp,
ground Sichuan pepper - ¼ tsp,
dry chicken broth in granules - 1 tsp,
flavoring "Weijing" - ¼ tsp,
salt - 1 tsp
INGREDIENTS for vonton sauce (for 10 pcs. Vonton):
light soy sauce - 2 tsp,
oyster sauce - 1 tsp,
white rice vinegar - 1 tsp,
white sugar - 1 tsp,
chili oil - 2 tbsp.,
ground Sichuan pepper - ½ tsp,
flavoring "Weijing" - ¼ tsp (optional),
water - 2 tsp,
garlic - 3 cloves,
green onions - 1 stalk,
white fried sesame seeds - ½ tsp
Despite the sufficient amount of labor, the recipe is simple. The most time-consuming is to prepare high-quality wrappers for wontons. Why quality? Yes, because the taste and appearance of the finished dumplings not least depend on the thickness of the dough in the wrapper and its quality.
Since I often come across cooking Chinese choux pastry, I have a few tips. We already talked about how to make dough. It is best to prepare the dough in advance the day before making dumplings, dumplings, etc. etc., put the dough in a bag of cling film and put in the refrigerator. The next day it will become more elastic and more uniform, even if you diligently knead it with your hands for half an hour before cooking. In addition, the dough is perfectly stored in the refrigerator in a bag (not in the freezer). A few days, up to a week completely calm.
The second trick - I often use mechanical dough-rolling. If you don’t cook at home, then you don’t need it, but if you think that you are worthy to feed yourself and your loved ones with natural food, and not “goat meat” from soya mass, and you are not too lazy to spend some time on this, then this device will facilitate your work - you will have a thin dough sheet without any special hassle. Well, to get cut-out forms (most often Chinese dumplings are made either from square 8 by 8 cm, or from round wrappers 8 cm in diameter) or picking up something suitable from kitchen tools is a simple task.
Preparing the stuffing for the filling is not at all difficult.
And having high-quality wrappers and filling, you can stick wontons very quickly.
So, let's prepare the dough for the wrappers - how to do it, you can see here.
Place the prepared dough in a bag of cling film and set it aside - wait for your turn.
The next step is to prepare the dip sauce.
Rinse the spring onion and peel the garlic.
Cut the green onion arrow (only the green part) into rings, and let the garlic pass through the garlic press (or chop finely).
In a suitable container, mix light soy sauce, oyster sauce, white rice vinegar, white sugar, hot chili oil, ground Sichuan pepper, water and Weijing flavoring (optional). Stir the sauce until sugar dissolves.
Add green onion rings, mashed garlic and white fried sesame to the sauce. Mix everything again and put in the refrigerator to insist.
Preparation of filling for wonton:
Rinse the green onion arrows and cut them into rings.
Peel and chop the ginger.
Fold the ginger in a bowl and pour boiling water, leave to insist, while preparing the filling for the faucets.
Add the minced pork, egg, oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine, sesame oil, ground Sichuan pepper, dried chicken broth in granules, salt and green onion rings to the gastronome containers. You can add flavoring "Weijing" (optional).
Knead the minced meat until smooth.
Then, adding a little ginger water, continue to knead the minced meat until it becomes juicy, but at the same time sufficiently stable and not liquid.
To prepare square wrappers from the dough, the dough can simply be rolled out with a rolling pin (since it does not stick and does not break) into a very thin canvas. The thinner, the better - a maximum of 0.5-1 mm in thickness. And you can use a noodle cutter (it can roll out the dough).
Then cut the finished dough sheet into 8 cm by 8 cm squares.
Fill the wrappers with the filling and form the wontons.
In the middle of the square wrapper, put a teaspoon of minced meat.
Grease two adjacent edges of the wrapper with water and cover the filling with the opposite dry edges of the wrapper. Press the edges - the dough moistened with water sticks well.
Now we wet two opposite corners of the wonton blank with water, wrap them and press the ends. It turns out here is such a dumpling (wonton).
Fold the finished wontons on a cutting board and cover with a towel so that they do not weather.
Do the same with all wrappers for wontons (until the filling or wrappers end).
Boil salted water in a wok or pan and lower the wontons into it. After surfacing the wontons, cook them until tender, about 5 minutes.
In a portioned bowl, put 5-6 wontons, add the broth in which they were cooked, sprinkle on top with green onion rings.
Serve the hot wontons to the table, and serve a bowl of cooked dip sauce for them.
Wontons eat, dipping them in dip sauce.
Best regards, Sergey Zverev.
View all recipes in the Chinese cuisine section
Chinese dumplings jiaozi
Jiaozi is a traditional dish of Chinese cuisine, which is prepared from dough with meat filling (mainly minced pork) and vegetables (usually with cabbage), but sometimes only from one meat. The dish has a diverse shape, served on the table with a sauce of chopped garlic, soy sauce and vinegar. The name of the Chinese jiaozi dumplings translates as "tender eye."
- 2 cups of flour,
- Large onion,
- 400 g minced pork
- 1/3 cup starch
- 200 g of fresh dill,
- 50 g of fresh ginger root (about 5 cm),
- A glass of cold water
- Pepper and salt to taste.
- Mix the flour with starch, sift into the dishes. Add water gradually and knead homogeneous testes. The amount of water can be adjusted independently,
- In the process of preparation for the filling, add finely chopped dill, finely chopped onion and ginger root, grated with a grater to the minced meat. Add salt, pepper and mix
- Nip off small pieces from the test mass, roll them in the form of cakes. In the middle of each product we put the filling: if the cakes are small - a teaspoon, if more - a tablespoon,
- Next, carefully lift the edges of the doughcloth up and fold it in the form of a flower, not forgetting to pinch a little. So do all the workpieces,
- Then we put our semi-finished products in a double boiler for 15-20 minutes, or boil in small batches in salted water,
Chinese dumplings are served steamed (or boiled) with a salad, which includes finely chopped cucumber and green onion, sprinkled with lemon juice. Also, the salad can be sprinkled a little with sweet paprika or chili.
In the Middle Kingdom, Chinese fried dumplings are called "goths". They are a traditional New Year's dish, but are prepared all year round. In Russia, this dish is known as Gedza, and is served in Chinese and Japanese restaurants or cafes. They make such products stuffed with pork and vegetables (Beijing cabbage).
The composition of the products (24 pieces):
- 250 g Peking cabbage,
- A large spoon of dry white (or Shaoxing-rice) wine,
- 85 ml of water (room temperature),
- 2 large spoons of light soy sauce,
- 175 g of wheat flour
- Clove of garlic,
- 300 g minced pork
- 2 stalks of green onions,
- A large spoon of vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (for filling) and ground (black or white) pepper,
- 6 small spoons of sesame oil (for frying and sauce),
- A circle of ginger (from a fresh root),
- A small spoonful of black rice vinegar.
Chinese Dumpling Recipe:
- Sift the flour and mix with water - first with wooden sticks, then - with your hands. We bring the test to a homogeneous state,
- Wrap it in a bag, put on the work surface for 20 minutes,
- We clean the ginger and garlic, pass the last through the press, three ginger on a small grater,
- Add the minced meat along with any pepper, salt, a spoonful of soy sauce, three small spoons of sesame oil, wine. Knead thoroughly, cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes,
- Cut into narrow strips young leaves of Peking cabbage (it is better to use the lower part). Dip in boiling water for 2 minutes, remove from water, recline in a colander, dry,
- Finely chop the cabbage and chop the green onion, add to the pickled minced meat,
- To prepare the dip sauce at home, mix the remaining soy sauce with sesame oil (a teaspoon) and rice vinegar. Add 1/4 small spoonful of chili oil, if desired
- Knead the dough for Chinese dumplings again to a soft, smooth, elastic state. We roll it into a bun, divide into 2 equal parts, which we roll into sausages. We cut each into 12 identical pieces, 24 dumplings are obtained,
- Each roll into a ball and roll into a thin circle with a diameter of about 8-9 cm (other blanks must be covered so as not to weather)
- Put a teaspoon of the filling in the middle in all the circles, then lift the edges up from the sides, moisten them with warm water, pinch them so that the seam of the “goth” is on top,
- Heat a large spoonful of sunflower oil in a flat frying pan and transfer the semi-finished products there,
- We fry on medium flame to a rosy state, do not turn over. Then pour 1/4 cup of water, close the lid, fry for 5 minutes, then remove the lid and evaporate the water,
- Pour on dumplings 2 teaspoons of sesame oil, cover again, fry for about two minutes.
We spread the delicious and satisfying “goths” in a flat dish with the fried side up, serve on a table with dip sauce (this is a special type of dressing in which you need to dunk food, in our case, dumplings).
The blanks can be frozen and kept in the freezer, or immediately fry (frozen semi-finished products do not need to be defrosted before frying).
Wontons dumplings - a step-by-step recipe
Wonton is a popular variation of Chinese dumplings with deliciously delicious and unique filling consisting of bamboo and shrimp. Products can have different shapes: square, triangular, round in the form of a bag (closed and open), envelope.
A dish melting in the mouth is fried in oil, steamed or boiled in a pan.
- Egg white
- 0.5 large tablespoons of sugar and sesame oil (can be replaced with vegetable),
- 400 g boiled large peeled shrimp,
- 200 g minced pork
- 2 tablespoons of starch (or rice flour),
- 130 g of small champignons in a marinade or bamboo shoots,
- 2 large spoons of white semi-dry (or rice wine) and soy sauce,
- 1/2 small spoon of ground black pepper,
- About 200 ml of boiled water,
- 600 g flour (per dough),
- A tablespoon of sunflower oil (in the dough),
- Salt tastes good.
- Grind shrimp with a fork, mix with minced meat,
- Finely cut the bamboo shoots (or mushrooms), add to the mass,
- Season the filling with sugar, wine, soy, pepper, butter,
- Combine with starch (or flour), with protein. Stir everything well. If the forcemeat is dry, dilute it with boiled water,
- We sift the flour for the loaf and make a depression,
- Pour 100 ml of boiling water to the flour, add, mix with oil. Add the cooled boiled water,
- Knead the elastic test mass and leave to “rest” for 10 minutes,
- Divide into three parts. We cover and remove two pieces,
- Roll out a piece of dough pitcher to two millimeters and cut out circles with a diameter of 5 cm,
- Put a teaspoon of the filling on each piece,
- We assemble products: we form a bag with a top in the form of a “neck”,
- Wontons with minced meat are placed in a double boiler for 15 minutes. Under each blank we put a circle of carrots to avoid sticking to the surface.
You can serve dumplings with any sauce: chili, sweet and sour, sesame-garlic, etc.
Step-by-step traditional recipe with photo
Despite the variety of variations, there is also a classic recipe for wontons, which can be seen on the menu of almost every Asian restaurant or cafe. The cooking process does not require special skills, so decorating a table with such an exquisite food will be affordable for any housewife.
Choux pastry is used, it is very light and tender, and elasticity makes it even thinner. To prepare it yourself, we collect all the necessary components:
- flour - 0.5kg
- boiling water - 1-1.5st,
- vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons,
- sugar and salt to taste.
The amount of salt and sugar directly depends on which filling will be used. The dough itself is easy to prepare:
- We use wheat flour, sift it several times. It is better to use a fine sieve for this, this will help to avoid lumps.
- Add vegetable oil, intensively kneading. Pour sugar and salt.
- Pour boiling water in a bowl with flour and stir well.
- We form a ball from the dough and put it in a deep bowl, covering it with a towel, letting it rest for about 1/4 hour.
- Roll out the finished dough thinly with a rolling pin and divide it into small circles.
The way the dough is split will depend on the hostess. The Chinese are happy to experiment with wrapping the filling, sculpting even bizarre patterns.
There are many options, but the classic recipe involves the use of pork as the main component:
- minced meat - 300g,
- ginger 200g
- shrimp - 200g,
- green onions - a bunch,
- soy sauce - 50ml,
- sesame oil - 2 tablespoons,
- sugar - 1 tablespoon,
- salt pepper.
It is not difficult to prepare the filling, you just need to observe the proportions, and follow the instructions with the photo:
- Shrimp clear of shells and remove the head, cook in salted water. Allow to cool and grind, you can use a meat grinder.
- Wash ginger and three on a fine grater.
- Combine minced meat with all other ingredients and mix.
Wontons themselves can have several wrapping options: an open or closed pouch, a triangle (a square dough is connected by corners, but not clipped), round or square (one piece of dough is covered by the second, the filling is in between).
Our recipe involves sculpting an open pouch:
- 1 tsp is laid out on a piece of dough. fillings, edges rise, but do not snap.
- Whole shrimp is sometimes placed on the open top of the bag.
- We will steam for about 15-20 minutes. If you want to boil Chinese dumplings, it is better to close the bag so that the meat does not lose its juiciness.
You can build a double boiler yourself: install a colander in a pot with a small amount of water. Our wontons are placed inside, we cover with a lid.
Serve the dish by adding vegetables or decorating with herbs. Traditionally, there are soy, rice and chili sauces on the table.
Shrimp recipe is perfect for seafood lovers:
- shrimp - 250g,
- leek - 10cm,
- bamboo stalks - 50g,
- Chinese cabbage - 300g,
- protein - 1 pc.
- soy sauce - 4 tablespoons
All components must be carefully chopped and combined together, adding spices to taste and sauce. Wonton dough is best wrapped in a closed bag.
So that the bag does not open, we connect its edges with plain or starched water. You can use the yolk.
It can be served even in soup, in combination with vegetables they will make the meal hearty and healthy.
Stuffing can be used by anyone, at the request of guests and the hostess. Cooking such wontons is better by analogy with dumplings. In addition to the stuffing, the filling will include onions, carrots, ginger, garlic and cabbage. All the ingredients can be passed through a meat grinder and mix well.
When boiling or steaming, the meat will produce juice, and the tightly closed bag will fill with delicious broth. This is one of the most popular recipe for making Chinese dumplings in the world.
For this recipe, it is not necessary to make minced chicken, you can simply cut it into small pieces:
- meat - 500g,
- bacon - 50g,
- green onions - 4 stalks,
- ginger - 5cm,
- protein - 1 pc.
- light soy sauce - 2 tablespoons,
- rice vodka - 2 tablespoons
We cut the meat into small cubes. We shred the bacon and onion, grate the ginger. Combine all the ingredients together and mix.
You can wrap and cook in any convenient way, this will not affect the taste of the dish.
Refusal of meat and food of animal origin is actively introduced into the minds of people. For this gourmet category, there are ways to cook vegetarian wontons.
Mushrooms often appear in Asian cuisine, so the numerous list of variations in the preparation of vontons could not do without this product.
- champignons - 200g,
- Chinese cabbage - 200g,
- onion - 1pc (small),
- chili pepper - 1pc (small),
- celery - 50g
- soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
To prepare such a treat, you must first thoroughly rinse the mushrooms. Cut them and pepper into small pieces and fry in a pan.
When frying champignons, do not use a large amount of vegetable oil. Mushrooms perfectly absorb fat, this can adversely affect the finished dish.
Chop cabbage and celery or chop using a blender. We connect all the components together. In this recipe, the connection of the test into a triangle is perfect. But it is necessary to lubricate the edges so that the filling does not fall out.
With vegetables and tofu
This recipe involves fried Chinese dumplings, often found in restaurants in the Middle Kingdom. Vegetarians will be able to appreciate the benefits and taste of this dish.
- tofu - 200g
- cabbage - 2 leaves,
- grated ginger - 1 tsp,
- egg - 1 pc.,
- carrots - 1pc,
- soy sauce - 40g.
Cooking begins with the preparation of tofu. Dry thoroughly so that the filling does not turn out watery. Cut vegetables into thin strips. Beat the egg with a whisk, introduce the sauce and spices. We combine and mix all the components.
The dough is best covered with a square or circle. Lubricate the edges, close them up and send to the deep fat fryer, where we cook until golden brown.
Wontons with a sweet filling
For lovers of sweets, Asian cuisine has prepared many of its recipes. The fillings can be varied, including nuts, berries and fruits. More often deep-fried and closed. It all depends on preferences and imagination.
Such wontons are served as a dessert already slightly cooled or completely cold. The dish will be a great addition to tea drinking.
Recipe for wontons has a huge number of options, so everyone can choose the most suitable for themselves. You can reproduce the creations of oriental culinary even in your own kitchen, delighting your family and friends with an original and sophisticated dish, which will not leave indifferent even the most fastidious gourmet.