Stomatitis - inflammatory process on the oral mucosa. The diagnosis of stomatitis is made to patients different age groups.
According to statistics from this disease suffer about 20% of the population and it’s not so harmless.
The mechanism for the development of stomatitis is not fully established, doctors believe that this is how the immune system reacts to acting stimuli.
Stomatitis in the early stages is easy, but for the treatment of advanced forms of the disease, you will need to take potent drugs.
Causes of stomatitis in adults
- mechanical impact (trauma to the tissues of the mouth)
- low-quality cleaners the oral cavity (adverse effects of LSN),
- poor hygiene the oral cavity
- low grade denture materials,
- allergic reaction,
- unbalanced diet (lack of vitamins)
- hormonal changes,
- bad habits (tobacco and alcohol use),
- hereditary predisposition,
- general dehydration,
- impact chemotherapy,
- not treated systemic diseases.
How to quickly cure in the mouth and tongue?
In most cases, for therapy antibacterial agents are used: Hexoral, Lugol, Holisal, Kamistad, Stomatidin, Cameton.
From antiviral Viru-Merz Serol, Acyclovir and Zovirax have proven themselves well.
To restore the mucosa Solcoseryl, Carotolin and Shostakovsky balm are used.
If there is severe pain during treatment need to take painkillers: Anestezin, Hexoral tabs, Lidocaine Asept, Lidochlor.
How to treat a traumatic?
Traumatic stomatitis is a type of inflammatory disease, developing amid long-term damaging effects on the mucous membrane.
Therapy should be aimed at eliminating the main factorbeing a provocateur of the disease. If tooth decay is a stress factor, they must be treated or removed.
For therapy stop pain (Anestezin), carry out oral sanitation (using antiseptic solutions), stop the inflammatory process through non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, a course of vitamin therapy (Immunal) is carried out.
How can cure stomatitis at home?
Before talking about which medicines and folk remedies help fight stomatitis, a few words should be said about the rules for treating it at home, compliance with which will speed up the healing process.
The most important rule - during treatment, the patient must abandon the use of food products that contribute to irritation of the mucous membranes. These are various salty, smoked, hot and cold dishes.
It will also be necessary to minimize the use of sweets, since the development of stomatitis in the oral cavity disrupts the microflora, and sugar can contribute to the active growth of fungi in the mouth.
Obligatory in the treatment of stomatitis is quitting smoking and drinking certain drinks - alcohol, fruit juices, fruit drinks, soda, coffee and cocoa.
But black tea does not need to be abandoned, since it has an antibacterial effect and has a therapeutic effect. Only drink tea in a warm form and without added sugar.
It is possible to treat stomatitis at home only in adults, since almost all measures require rinsing the mouth with various solutions and decoctions. As a rule, young children cannot perform this procedure - they swallow part of the drug, and this can negatively affect the state of their digestive tract.
As for alternative medicine, it is also not recommended to use them in children under 5-6 years old.
It is caused by a high risk of an allergic reaction to the herbs used for the preparation of infusions and decoctions.
In order for home treatment for stomatitis to give quick results, the patient must systematically carry out treatment procedures and constantly monitor oral hygiene.
If stomatitis is chronic and occurs in a person with a certain frequency, then self-medication in this case is unacceptable! It is necessary to establish the exact cause of this disease, and only a doctor can do this.
Removing inflammation with drugs
Drug treatment of stomatitis involves the use of various solutions and ointments for the treatment of the oral cavity.
So, for example, if the development of stomatitis was triggered by a fungal infection, the oral cavity is treated with a 1-2% solution of Histatin. They need to rinse their mouth with stomatitis every 3-4 hours.
In this case, before carrying out the procedure, it is necessary to brush your teeth, and after it you can not eat or drink anything for the next half hour.
In cases where the development of stomatitis provoked a herpes virus, treatment is carried out by treating the affected areas with Oxolinic ointment or Acyclovir.
But if the disease was caused by a bacterial infection, only antibiotics can help.
Do not use them without consulting a doctor.
Alternative methods of treatment
An excellent addition to drug therapy is alternative medicine. They effectively help eliminate the discomfort in the oral cavity that occurs against the background of the development of inflammatory processes.
At home, you can use the following folk methods for treating stomatitis:
- A solution of soda and salt. A very effective tool that helps in the treatment of stomatitis of any etiology. For its preparation, 1 teaspoon should be stirred in a glass of warm water. soda and salt. Rinse the oral cavity with such a solution every 2-3 hours. To increase its effectiveness, some sources recommend adding three percent hydrogen peroxide to the solution. But in large quantities, it causes irritation of the mucous membranes, so it is better to replace it with ordinary iodine. Its concentration should also be small - for one glass no more than 2 drops.
- Propolis tincture. It has a powerful antibacterial effect and perfectly relieves inflammation. It can not be used in its pure form. Tincture should be diluted in a glass of warm water in an amount of 1 tsp. This method of treating stomatitis can be alternated with the above.
- Aloe juice and Kalanchoe. They also provide a quick elimination of inflammatory processes. You can use them in their pure form, rinsing your mouth several times a day.
- Garlic. It is a strong antibacterial agent. With the development of stomatitis, it is recommended to add it to all dishes and use it in its pure form. You can also mix several chopped garlic cloves with 2-3 tbsp. sour cream and consume this mixture 3 times a day.
- Potatoes. It has an analgesic effect. The potatoes are taken raw, peeled, washed and passed through a meat grinder. Next, the resulting slurry is applied to the inflamed areas for 10-15 minutes. Such a procedure should be performed at least 3 times a day.
- Carrot. It copes with inflammation and swelling of the mucous membranes. To treat stomatitis, juice is squeezed out of it and mixed with warm water in a 1: 1 ratio, after which the mouth is rinsed. Water can be replaced with freshly squeezed cabbage juice.
- Novocaine. If the novocaine ampoule is in the home medicine cabinet, then it can be used as an anesthetic. But with stomatitis, it can not be used in its pure form. The ampoule of novocaine must first be mixed with 1 tsp. any vegetable oil and one raw egg yolk. Such a mixture should treat the inflamed sections of the mucous membranes several times a day, but no more than 4 times.
- A decoction of onion peels. To treat stomatitis, you need to take about 100 g of onion peel, pour it with two glasses of water and boil over low heat for about a quarter of an hour. Next, the broth should be insisted for 8 hours and strain. Rinse them with an oral cavity 2-3 times a day.
- Sea buckthorn oil. It is an excellent anti-inflammatory, regenerative and analgesic. Apply it to lubricate the affected areas of the oral cavity 2-3 times a day.
To cure stomatitis at home, you can also prepare infusions from various medicinal herbs.
For the preparation of infusions from stomatitis are ideally suited:
- Oak bark,
- St. John's wort
- calamus swamp,
- raspberry leaves.
Preparing infusions is very simple. 1 tbsp is taken raw materials, poured a glass of boiling water, infused for about an hour, and then filtered.
Symptoms and causes
We list main symptoms of stomatitis:
- sometimes fever up to 40 degrees,
- profuse salivation
- refusal to chew and consume food, especially salty foods, such foods irritate the mucosa even more,
- bad breath
- small sores localized in groups or one at a time.
Causes of stomatitis:
- violation of the rules of hygiene of the hands and oral cavity,
- low protein intake
- poorly selected dentures
- various injuries of the oral cavity,
- allergic to certain medications
- bacterial, fungal, viral infections,
- severe anemia
- radiation exposure.
Types of Stomatitis
Consider the main varieties of the disease:
Catarrhal stomatitis. Acne forms on the mucosa due to carious formations, plaque, due to poor brushing. Dysbacteriosis also provokes this condition. Redness in the oral cavity also indicates problems with the gastrointestinal tract or the formation of worms.
Ulcerative form always more running. Neoplasms appear in the mouth, the disease can develop on its own. There is pain during eating.
On the mucosa, the lesion occurs completely, a high temperature of up to 38 degrees appears, the lymph nodes expand, migraine appears. More often, ulcers, cores, people with intoxication in the body after poisoning are susceptible to this disorder.
Candidiasis stomatitis manifested in the form of a fungus. More often diagnosed in children and the elderly. The main cause of such lesions is infection and the use of antibacterial agents. Candidiasis stomatitis can be infected from another person.
Patients have a light coating on the tongue and cheeks from the inside. Sometimes bleeding occurs. The sense of taste is reduced or completely disappears. A burning sensation appears in the oral cavity and in the throat.
Herpetic form manifested in carriers of herpes infections. With a slight course of the disease, a rash appears on the mucous membrane. With a complex shape, puffiness appears in the mouth, lymph nodes expand, temperature rises, a lot of saliva is released, people often feel sick, eating it hurts, burning in the mouth. Herpes is not excreted from the body with modern medicines.
Aphthous stomatitis develops in acute or chronic forms. This is a serious illness that provokes rheumatism, allergies, viruses and gastrointestinal tract disorders. Aphthae covered in plaque appear in the mouth, surrounded by swollen reddened mucosa. Affected areas cause pain, weakness. Body temperature is always high.
How to recognize stomatitis?
For an accurate diagnosis, it is better to seek help from a doctor. The specialist will examine the patient’s medical file, after which the doctor will perform a thorough examination of the oral cavity, larynx, palate, cheeks, and tongue. Other methods for determining stomatitis, such as, for example, passing tests or special tests, do not yet exist in medicine.
The main symptom by which stomatitis can be determined is the location in the oral cavity and the presence of painful foci of white color. The tissue around the pimples is bright red, painless. An effective treatment for stomatitis is prescribed by an orthodontist or pediatrician.
Let's figure out how to quickly cure stomatitis with folk recipes:
- A solution of salt and soda. A rinse solution is prepared by diluting 1 tsp. salt and 0.5 tsp soda. For best effect, add a couple of drops to a glass of a solution of hydrogen peroxide or iodine. It is important not to overdo it with hydrogen peroxide and iodine, so as not to provoke irritation of the mucosa.
- Hypericum tincture helps to quickly get rid of stomatitis. In 1 liter of water you need to stir 3 tea. lies. plants and boil, insist for 1 hour, you can use the tincture daily.
When relieving pain, you can rinse your mouth with a prepared solution of hydrogen peroxide, it includes:
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tsp hydrogen peroxide,
- 1 tablet of furatsilin.
If the disease of the oral cavity is mild, sores may not interfere with a person's life. They do not bother, do not hurt, the body temperature remains normal, they can be easily and imperceptibly removed using various means.
The manifestation of stomatitis in a child is more difficult to cure. Sores can go unnoticed for a long time and disturb the baby. But stomatitis of any age category can be treated, you just need to choose the right therapy.
How to get rid of herpetic as soon as possible?
In practice, herpes simplex virus considered the most common. After the first contact, herpes fixed in the human body for life.
If the immune system is completely healthy, it does not allow him to develop. Virus actively manifests when immunity weakens, as well as when a defect appears on the oral mucosa.
Therapy necessarily includes elimination of pain (Anestezin) the use of anti-inflammatory and wound healing means (Solcoseryl, vitamin A), antihistamines drugs antiviral administration funds (strictly prescribed by the doctor), as well as taking a course of multivitamins and immunomodulators (Immunal and Cycloferon).
Regular antiseptic treatment of the mouth helps to completely prevent the appearance of stomatitis. This treatment completely removes food debris, washes the remaining microbes. You can rinse your mouth with useful herbs: chamomile, sage, calendula, oak bark.
The listed herbs also well strengthen tooth enamel and gums. Oral rinse preparations: Romazulan, Chlorofilipt, Stomatidin, etc. All these herbs and medical products help fast healing of the tissue, prevent inflammation, relieve pain and discomfort.
According to statistics about 1/3 of the world's inhabitants are allergic various etiologies. Expressions of allergic reactions can be completely different.
In certain situations, allergies has a close relationship with the mucosa the oral cavity. In some cases, it is caused by a denture or due to the use of a new drug.
Since the appearance of ulcers on the mucous membrane of the mouth - allergy symptom, then treatment begins with the identification and exclusion of an allergen, then you need to start taking antihistamines.
Symptoms of stomatitis in adults
Before you figure out how to treat stomatitis on your own at home, you need to know its symptoms. The first manifestation begins with slight swelling and redness, which intensify. They are supplemented with pain in the area affected by stomatitis, and a day later, an ulcer develops on the mucosa.
What does an ulcer look like in stomatitis?
Afta, as medicine calls ulcers for stomatitis, usually oval or round, and the affected area is covered, separating healthy tissue from infected. In addition, there are other symptoms:
- pain and burning in the mouth
- increased salivation
- bad breath
- gum bleeding
As little as possible time should pass from the first manifestation of symptoms to the treatment of stomatitis at home. To do this, you need to know what the disease looks like and how to treat stomatitis. To fight stomatitis, both traditional medicine and alternative treatment are suitable. One of the methods of struggle is rinsing the oral cavity, with which you can quickly remove stomatitis.
Features of the treatment of the disease
How can cure stomatitis at home? Most often, a catarrhal form occurs, provoked by insufficient oral hygiene or by the entry of microbes. In any case, if the diseases of the oral cavity are too often disturbed, additional examinations should be taken in addition to the course of therapy. Stomatitis can be a concomitant symptom of a more serious illness.
The disease can be treated at home, if you follow the procedure for effective treatment:
- Eliminate the pain
- Healing of inflamed tissue,
- Protection against further infection.
The final stage of treatment is the normalization of the microflora of the oral mucosa. Follow a diet for the duration of treatment and limit your intake of salty, spicy, sweet foods.
Given that the disease can be transmitted from one person to another, it is necessary not only to cure stomatitis in the patient, but also to protect the others from infection. To do this, for the duration of the disease, you need to provide a separate dish.
Если болен ребенок, необходимо обрабатывать дезинфицирующим раствором все предметы, включая игрушки, и по возможности ограничить контакт больного с остальными членами семьи. This is especially true when it comes to children whose immune system is not fully formed.
List of stomatitis medications
Stomatitis is of several forms, the easiest and most treatable is catarrhal. In such cases, the use of folk remedies gives quick results. If treatment was not started as soon as possible, the catarrhal form can go into an ulcer. In such cases, therapy should be carried out under the supervision of a dentist or therapist and should consist of two parts: general and local. Stomatitis treatment at home is carried out in stages:
- rinsing with antiseptics: furatsilin, chlorhexidine, a weak solution of potassium permanganate or hydrogen peroxide, clotrimazole 1%. It is carried out with different forms of stomatitis,
- treatment with antibacterial and antimicrobial agents: Stomatidin, Lugol's solution, Cameton or Hexoral spray,
- treatment of stomatitis with painkillers, anti-inflammatory, antifungal gels, ointments: Viferon, Holisal, Lidochlor, Kamistad, Acyclovir or Zovirax. With candidal stomatitis, appropriate means should be used: Nystanin ointment, Mycozone, Levorin, or Miconazole.
How treatment depends on the form of the disease
The selection of drugs depends on the type of stomatitis. Stomatitis according to signs, course of the disease, pathogen and method of infection is divided into the following groups:
- Herpetic stomatitis. It is transmitted by airborne droplets and contact, the culprit of infection is the herpes virus. It proceeds in an acute form, with fever, vomiting and diarrhea. Characteristic signs are sores in the oral cavity. Lasts for two weeks. It is treated with antiseptics, wound healing, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulating agents.
- Aphthous stomatitis. This form is characterized by single or multiple aphthae. Due to the fact that the disease occurs against the background of a decrease in immunity, it can recur. Treatment consists of rinsing the mouth and treating the ulcers with sprays, solutions or ointments.
- Allergic stomatitis. It is considered the most severe form. Antihistamine therapy is indicated.
- Catarrhal stomatitis. The easiest, most common form. Occurs when non-compliance with basic hygiene or due to problems with the teeth. With proper treatment, it disappears within 5 days.
- Candidiasis stomatitis. Distinctive features - curdled plaque on the tongue, the inner surface of the cheeks. Helps with anti-inflammatory and antifungal effects.
- Nicotine stomatitis. It develops in smokers with great experience. It proceeds without pronounced symptoms, it is dangerous in that it can pass into cancer of the oral cavity.
It is a natural antiseptic. Insist for 10 days, at the end add a teaspoon of honey and herbs, mix. The oral cavity is treated for a week.
Silver water has disinfecting properties. To prepare it, you need to charge ordinary water with silver ions, just by immersing a piece of jewelry in it for 2 days.
Treatment is carried out by treating the edges around the wounds.
Five recipes for stomatitis treatment on video:
These folk remedies treat stomatitis in adults on the tongue, palate, gums, inner surface of the cheeks and lips.
Stomatitis Prevention: How to Avoid Trouble
The basis of prevention is personal hygiene and a healthy lifestyle. You also need to regularly visit the dentist, treat caries on time and monitor the condition of dentures. Stomatitis often appears in children who still do not know how to independently monitor themselves, and in addition to their immunity has not yet been formed. This must be taken into account and maximum attention should be paid to their hygiene.
Stomatitis is not a complex, treatable disease that occurs in certain circumstances. If the disease bothers too often, this may be a sign of latent diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, endocrine or hematopoietic system. To exclude this, you need to undergo an additional examination.
Add your recipes in the comments, they can help those people who are still struggling with this disease.
With what to remove candida
Candidiasis caused by reproduction in the oral cavity of a fungus such as Candida. This kind of disease affects people with diabetes, as well as immunocompromisedundergoing prolonged therapy with antibiotics or steroid drugs, in some cases - HIV infected.
The hallmark is the appearance of whitish plaque on the palate, cheeks and root of the tongue. In a neglected form, erosive areas are formed.
Treatment includes oral disinfection (in the presence of prostheses - disinfection of prostheses), oral use of antifungal agents (Irunin, Primafungin, Fluconazole, Levorin), the use of nystatin and levorin ointments (locally) diet with the exception of carbohydrates.
Important! In candidal form additionally visited by an endocrinologist and gastroenterologist.
A distinctive feature of the aphthous form is the appearance on the mucous membrane of aft. it small round ulcers. Aphthous stomatitis dangerous relapse, the disease can turn into a ulcerative necrotic form.
The treatment technique includes: regular rinse the oral cavity (a solution of boric acid and furatsilina, various oils and decoctions), cleansing the body of toxins (sodium thiosulfate solution), taking antihistamines means, intake of vitamins (group B), prevention of relapse (Dekaris) and strict diet (HLS).
Photo 1. An example of the development of severe herpetic type stomatitis on the lips of an adult.
Treat this disease at home. possible only at an early stage. Therapy takes about a week.
For quick recovery it is recommended to temporarily refuse aggressive food (containing salt, seasoning, acid) hard consistency, too hot or cold. As well as mouth rinse recommended antibacterial agents.
For the treatment of stomatitis in the tongue strict hygiene is required (possibly a change of toothpaste) and nutrition control. This disease treated with a therapeutic agent Rotokan, Dentinox ointment, optional It is recommended to use sprays Holisal and Hexoralas well as immunostimulants.
If the disease is localized in the throat the treatment regimen includes rinsing with antisepticsreception antipyretic and analgesic preparations. All medicines are selected in accordance with the cause of the disease.
Attention! For topical use Chlorhexidine, solutions of baking soda, furatsilina, hydrogen peroxide are suitable. All these drugs have antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
Preparations divided into 2 categories: general purposeused regardless of form (disinfecting and anti-inflammatory), and specificused for a specific form of the disease.
Mouthwash Chlorophyllipt, Rotokan, Malavit, Miramistin are used.
For local treatment of the oral cavity - Metrogil Dent, Iodinol, Zelenka, dental paste Solcoseryl, Hydrocortisone, Kamistad gel, Nystatin. Serol, as well as tebrofenovoy and interferon ointments are suitable for anti-inflammatory action.
Reference! With the exception of general means, all other drugs are prescribed by a qualified specialistwho will preliminarily establish a diagnosis and determine the type of disease. Massive lesions of the mouth it is recommended to treat under the supervision of a therapist or dentist.
In the early stages of the disease allowed to use traditional medicine: various decoctions and infusions on natural ingredients.
Folk healers recommend treating stomatitis with honey. It is used both in pure form and mixed with other components. Ointments made on the basis of olive and sunflower oils.
To create ointments used garlic, potatoes, aloe and burdock root. Rinse recommended fresh carrot juice, white cabbage juice, onion husk broth and tea mushroom infusion.
Can I start therapy myself at home?
Stomatitis treatment includes measures to get rid of pain, healing the mucous membrane and prevention disease progression with a transition to the chronic stage, dangerous stable relapses. In the early stages, stomatitis responds well to home treatment.However, in order to avoid the development of the disease and complications doctor consultation recommended.
What helps in the treatment of stomatitis?
Compliance with the rules of oral hygiene and disinfectant rinses using decoctions of herbs: sage, oak bark, chamomile and calendula.
How to quickly cure stomatitis? Solutions of chlorophyllipt and stomatophyte are good for relieving symptoms. It is more difficult for children to get rid of this disease due to the specificity of treatment methods and the localization of foci of inflammation. Everything lends itself to the effects of drugs, the virus can be defeated with the help of modern drugs and diagnostics.
It is important to treat stomatitis to the end, and not to stop the procedure immediately after improvement. This threatens a new outbreak of the disease, then you will have to start all treatment again.
After the disappearance of pain and relieving inflammation, it is recommended to conduct a course of rehabilitation therapy, drink vitamins, strengthen the immune system to help the body become more protected and resistant to various viruses and infections.
The healing process may be too long. Often there is a bacterial plaque on the oral mucosa, which prevents normal treatment. In order not to develop a chronic form of the disease, you need to clean. For this, antibacterial pastes are used, which are freely sold in pharmacies.
Stomatitis is accompanied by severe pain in any manifestation. This applies to severe course with a large area of damage and separately localized ulcers. The disease is accompanied by swelling and swelling of the gums, the appearance of aphthae on the mucous membranes. Eating is complicated by these neoplasms, you need to chew well.
Solid food injures the inflamed gums and the inner surface of the cheeks, it becomes painful to talk. Severe stomatitis occurs in children, often due to neglect of oral hygiene rules, a lack of B vitamins and folic acid in the body. This often occurs after illness and antibiotic treatment.
Stomatitis is always accompanied by high fever, swelling and ulcers prevent swallowing and chewing food. Neoplasms are white and bright red, their sizes vary. They may not appear immediately after infection, but after some time. This circumstance complicates the early diagnosis of the disease. At first, stomatitis can feel like discomfort in the oral cavity and not manifest itself brightly.